Thursday, January 12, 2006

Students Leaders and SY 2005-2006

The first half of SY 2005-2006 has been very tough for FEU student leaders. Though Far Eastern University received insurmountable accolades and acquired umpteen achievements that every Tam would be proud of, it is still undeniable that the academic year, somehow, has been tough for the student leaders. You may ask why. According to my contemporaries, advisers and friends, student organizations' accomplishment this year can far be comparable to the last year's. I also happened to observe it.

Take my institute for instance, the IAS. During Kuya Norman Zafra's term, he was able to come out with a number of ideal projects geared toward students' development. Name it, Mahika ng Kamay (which was originally conceptualize by Kuya Celmer's batch), Sportsfest, Teambuilding, LTS, etc. This year, IAS piloted a Teambuilding (I haven't gotten my certificate yet) and a "Directory" project which I deem unsuccessful. In the given cases, it is very much apparent that the last year's IAS-SC has accomplished much compared to this year's.

During the YMCA Congress, i got to mingle with fellow student leaders from student organizations to which I am not part of. I learned from them one of their problems, which is exactly similar to mine (not in my one organization but in my two. Bet you know it.)

Friendship and alliance among student leaders are very important. However, if exceedingly practiced, this may somehow result to unexpected shortcomings and eventual problems. This, very thing, has been one of the problems seen in a group of student leaders in FEU. Until now, it is producing problems, with which they may not be fully aware.

No comments: