Sunday, September 04, 2005

On Liberal Arts


After months of thinking whether I am going to shift from one course to another, alas, I have already taken the step for the greater good-from the most popular course nowadays to Bachelor of Liberal Arts Major in English Language. So far, I enjoy being one of the English majors. Though we are only few in our department, I could still say that I am quite contended to where I am now-from IN to IAS, from health care subjects to linguistics and language study. Whoa! I could still remember the day when I, bravely and openly, proposed to my mom me to shift course. And yes, she had left me the more arduous task of making the best decision. And look where I am now-taking interesting subjects, walking through the halls of the Arts Building, no more in Law and Nursing Building or in Education Hall Building, and proudly telling the whole world that I have succeeded in following my dreams’ first step. For now, I could say that I am totally freed upon the cage of dishonest likings, of unwantedness…

No comments: