Friday, September 02, 2005

On Premiere UAAP Experience


Often, my colleagues would tell me: You are not a real Tamaraw if you don’t experience yelling inside the Big Dome. Oh yes, standing, or even jumping, never sitting, while youthfully cheering "Go FEU!" were the usual scenarios I often miss due to some reasons.True! At first, maybe because I am just too much pre-occupied with academics and organizational concerns (I know I am), going to the venue of the UAAP doesn’t occupy even the lowliest spot in my itinerary, of course, not even Sundays. I would even tell my classmates that I don’t want to waste my precious time there since I have so much to do, that it’ll just bore me to hell, that I will not enjoy it. Haha, so many excuses! Well, you can’t blame for I am not really fond of watching basketball games. The list is indeed long as one can imagine but that was not until I experienced the cheerful and blissful adrenalin rush brought by the agile, skillful and, maybe, good-looking shooters and dribblers from MY BELOVED UNUIVERSITY. Twas’ the fight between FEU and UP. No, it was a fight between me and UP, rather. Now, I know how it feels to witness the battle of the UAAP. Schoolmates, welcome me as I joined you in yelling: Go Fight FEU…

No comments: