Monday, April 14, 2008

*A Fresh Grad Notes*

Even at this moment, I am still confused about what career paths shall I be taking. The first two weeks after graduation were spent just playing lazy and enjoying every moment with my closest friends. Well, I spent some moments browsing jobstreet.com and other portals hoping I could sneak out possible career opportunities of my desire.

The message is clear: I could not escape from the fact that, sooner or later, I will be a part of a new world.

***

I received a number of job offers lately mostly from BPO companies. I would at times get fed up by repeated calls of contact centers encouraging and luring (‘forcing’ may be a better term) me to be part of their ‘team’. I must admit though that working in a BPO is still something I consider. (Sir Jo Faustino, one of my most influential mentors, has been very vocal in discouraging me about this though)

***

Do I have choice? How I wish I could just enroll to graduate/law school as early as now.

***

As of the moment, without hearing from ‘older people’, the following are some of the career paths I am considering (at least on the verge of what they call the ‘real world’):

1. Work as a trainer for a BPO (this would I think require me to work in the entry level).

2. Apply as an English teacher overseas (which is an ‘in’ thing now; my education and crosscultural linguistics units will surely be handy,)

3. Teach in my high school Alma Mater (call it ‘paying back’; this would be a good venue for self-training while reminiscing high school memories. lol]

4. Work as a University Professor.

***

The 5th Choice: Fly to California

Another option I was given was to work with my uncle abroad. This will definitely be a big decision to make. I will have to leave everybody behind: my family, my friends, my organizations, my passion, the country, my life (cheesy me)…

I do not know if I will be ready to handle homesickness. This will entail introspection, indeed. *Sigh*

____

BTW, I read from Yahoo! that a major earthquake will be hitting California. What does it want to tell me?

***

I want to hear from you. Please hit me back. J

No comments: