Monday, April 07, 2008

Academic Plans

I always think that I will be a student for life. Thanks to my excellent mentors who taught me to embrace life-long learning! After finishing my undergraduate degree from one of the best liberal arts schools in the country today, I plan to pursue any of the following degree:

1. Bachelor of Laws (Far Eastern University, University of the Philippines, San Beda College)
2. Master of Arts in English Language and Literature Teaching (Ateneo de Manila University)

3. Master of Arts in Language and Literature major in Literature (De La Salle University)

4. Master of Arts in Teaching English Language (De La Salle University)

5. Master of Arts in English Language Education with specialization in English for Specific Purposes (De La Salle University)

6. Master of Arts in English Language Education with specialization in Second Language Teaching (De La Salle University)

7. Master of Arts in English Studies (University of the Philippines)

Options numbers 2 to 7 would basically strengthen the educator in me. Option 1, on the other hand, would require serious introspection as it will definitely be demanding (talking about time and financial resources, and oh, even mental and physical). I don’t particularly see myself ranting in courtrooms. It is but another dimension of addressing my social responsibility as a Filipino citizen: cognitive about the laws of the Land.

Meanwhile, should I be taking another bachelor degree, I will pick from this pool:

1. BS Biology (major in Genetics/Botany/Zoology)

2. BS Environmental Planning and Management

3. AB Journalism

4. BS Accountancy

5. BS Secondary Education (major in General Science/English/Math)

6. BS Advertising Arts

7. BS Chemistry

*** This is just a sneak peek of where I shall be and what I will do in the future. As of the moment though, I would have to CHOOSE a good job, carefully selecting, without compromising my personal choices and values and showcasing to the rest of the world all that I have learned from the School of Nicanor Reyes.

Nevertheless, I AM READY.

No comments: