Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Prof. Barogga was absent today. We were then left to wonder how we scored in our DevReading exam. I just took the chance to talk with a Korean classmate named Hana and learned a lot of things, such as Korea is divided into two: the North being a communist nation and the South, democratic just like the Philippines. Hence, every single Korean we see in FEU or in any other part of the country comes from the southern border.

Also, I have come to know that the government pays for the expenses (i.e. medical, educational) of the third offspring. Yet, typical Korean family doesn’t risk bearing more than two believing that it is arduous to raise children.

***

Reporting was re-convened in our Cross-Cultural class. Lhen and Vanj, who tackled non-verbal communication and ethnocentrism across cultures, volunteered. We (I and Rain) haven’t delivered our report oral evaluation though because of time deficiency.

Meanwhile, we computed our grade in Technical Writing. I am happy to receive an early flat mark though I did not study for the Px (tough luck!).

***

Despite stress, I had to force myself to attend two meetings after classes. I felt like I had to divide my body into two because of the superimposed schedules.

I couldn’t believe, still, that I became emotional during the Paragon’s meeting. I may be just starting to get tired, with all the efforts I have been exerting for the publication and not receiving the necessary emotional back up I need. But I will never get loose from the grip. Believe me.

***
Immediately after the Paragon meeting, I went straight to the study area for the TAMVOL’s Executive Board meeting. I just sat down listening with the dialogues. My interviewer from the Advocate did not come as it was set the next hour.

***

After all the meetings, I had dinner with friends Ilo, Josef and Arvin. Unplanned, we had coffee at Starbucks – San Lazaro together with Nursing friends (Mitch, Bryan, and Doms). A very good way to end the stressful day. Josef and I slept over Arvin’s place and the following day, I lost the phone given to me by my sister as a pre-Christmas present. Sad.


2 comments:

The Juz said...

whatever happened to the scrabble competition? try visiting FEU in wikipedia and look in the alumni section. you'll get your hands full (or you already know?). its nice that i was able to use my FIRST blog here, rather than create a new one.


MAG DEBATE KA NA!!!

The Mirage said...

we lost because we weren't informed of the word reference. don't worry we'll ROAR back next year.

:)