Monday, January 22, 2007

Dr. Nicanor Reyes woke me up!


It seemed to me that Dr. Nicanor woke me up this morning since I stirred up 3 o’clock in the morning despite the fact that I slept late the night before. However, still, I wasn’t able to attend the floral offering for the FEU’s founder since I have to accomplish several academic requirements the late day.

Happy 79th Founding Anniversary, FEU!

Go Green and Gold!

***

I watched a play yesterday at Greenbelt One as a requisite to our Literary Criticism class. It was Frank Rich’s Moose Murder. I was with my friends Vanj, Davis, Lhen, Jill, Abby, Gai, Lars and the rest of EL0431 block. I realized that I really missed my ‘complete company’. Young, Rachel and I fed ourselves to death as a protest to the theatre we just viewed while discussing the weak and strong points of Rich.

***

The other weekend, I was at the Ateneo with Kua Ago, Ilo, Grace, Haiyes and Rj for the 4th Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations National Conference 2007 themed: Locating Filipinos in the Globalizing World. I found the conference very insightful.

Favorite sessions (in order):

1. Atty. Enrique V. dela Cruz, Jr. - Students' Rights in the Age of Globalization


Atty. Enrique dela Cruz, Jr.
Senior Associate, Ponce Enrile Reyes & Manalastas Law Office
Master of Laws, London Metropolitan University

2. Dr. Benjamin Tolosa - Introductory Notes on Globalization

Dr. Benjamin Tolosa
Chairperson, Political Science Dep't., Ateneo de Manila University
Ph.D., Political Science, University of Minnesota

3. Mr. Bobby Benedicto - Philippine Sexuality in Transition
4. Dr. Filomeno Aguilar - Migration and Identity


Dr. Filomeno Aguilar
Professor, History Dep't. Ateneo de Manila University
Ph.D., Development Sociology, Cornell University

5. Fr. Jose Magadia - Comparing Philippine Democracy


Fr. Jose Magadia
Assistant Professor, Political Science Dep't,, Ateneo de Manila University
Ph.D., Political Science, Columbia University


6. Fr. Luis David - Postmodern Critiques of American Imperialism

Fr. Luis David
Associate Professor, Philosophy Dep't., Ateneo de Manila University

Ph.D., Philosophy, Boston College



***
I already sent a request for financial subsidy at the OSACS for the Paragon. We are waiting still for the development. Meanwhile, everybody seemed much occupied already for the upcoming FEU elections. Such a headache for me. I dunno still what post I will be running.

***
On the lighter note, I will be joining this year’s FEU-Athletic League for Team IAS – Badminton-Doubles. A very good way to de-stress, I guess. Hope i will find time to practice-play with Joseph (BS Math), my team-mate.

No comments: