Sunday, March 12, 2006

I See Orange!

Campaign period is on the air! In fact, it is already raining orange and red in campus. As part of the SANDIGAN PARTY, the so-called Vanguards of Students’ Rights and Welfare, I am very much preoccupied with campaign stuffs, speeches, leaflets, ballots, candidates, and all. Heck, even my own room is affected. Past January, I was thinking as to what party I will be running for. Apparently, now, I have chosen the orange banner over the red one because of the following reasons:

  1. Kuya EA (of Sandigan) was the first one to offer me electoral position. (before Kuya Jeff M.)
  2. My ELC co-officers (Mike P. and Mark I.) are already running for SAMASA PARTY (My thinking was that, at least, there would be one who will represent ELC to Sandigan).
  3. Most of my friends are from Sandigan Party (Danilo, Charm, Lionel, Fatz, Arnel, Jan, to name just a few)
  4. God willed it!

We have been attending trainings for more than a couple of times already. Candidates from the party have been trained already on the rudiments of running in school politics. “Avoid acting like trapos”, they never fail to remind us. With the end in mind, I am, more or less, ready to accept whatever the future has to offer.

Win or lose, I am still a servant leader. Mind it!

No comments: