Thursday, January 12, 2006

Altruistic Sentiments

Months after the approval of the newsletter project, till now, it is yet to be published.I believe i have already exerted due efforts for the realization of this hopeful endeavor I have adopted. In fact, I have already written the 90% of the write-ups to be included (the remaining 10% goes to maiden ish messages from "prominent" campus personalities and editors' columns which, sad to say, are still left unfinished).

Unmindful of the countless hours I already devoted to the Altruist, I still sometimes think whether or not shall I pursue the project. "I've gone far, alone", that very thought seems to redeem me from despair and mental anguish that are ought to devour me. I hold back. I continue rendering more efforts which are nonetheless unrecognized and unacknowledged.

It's January. Will my plans to come out at least two (2) issues this shool year be actualized? Or, worst, shall I be able to circulate at least a single issue?

I go to the affirmative! Albeit I am very much discouraged already to push thorugh the publication, I will still be hoping I could. I know I could (sighs).

My experiences being the Editor-in-Chief of our HS organ served as my very beacon as I strive for this organizational publication. I experienced the same dilemma back then but the good thing was that the quandary was resolved before the end of the academic year.

In TAMVOL, everyone seems passive, more so to the Altruist.

"Open communication is critical", remarked my Advanced Speech mentor. How true! Indeed, despite the presence of modern gadgets, communication process in our organization is very narrow and restricted, making us function ineffectively and making the guild completely paralyzed.

Sometimes, I want to blame Kares and Danilo for not being responsive to the organization and for not submitting the articles I have requested them for approximately two (2) months now. At times, I feel bad about high-ranking officers with whom I have asked to contribute at least a couple of compound sentences expressing their greetings to the expectedly "new-born" newsletter. Many times, I want to fully blame myself for sacrificing a lot for something frivolous.

These "Altruistic Sentiments" shall soon perished. I shall soon be relieved with all these anxieties. With Him, I confide my whole being with.

No comments: