Friday, October 28, 2005

UNICEF Volunteer Experience-Day Three

Today is actually my third day at the UNICEF Office (31/F, RCBC Plaza, Makati City) as a volunteer staff. As expected, I had been very busy all throughout the day with all the office works assigned to me. For me to be able to arrived at the office early enough to accomplish loads of work, I was forced to wake up before the dawn broke. After a couple of hours sitting inside the airconditioned bus en route to Makati, I abruptly ran towards the one-man entry door of the RCBC Plaza. The weather wasn't so good because of the so-called Inter-Tropical Converging Zone (ITCZ) recently affecting the country.

I then proceeded to Yuchengco Tower.

It has been another long hours of sharing my precious time working for the children. I had been very privileged to be able to acquire this rare opportunity of indirectly helping them. I reckon this experience as one of my most wondeful volunteer involvements so far.

I continued encoding the contacts and company prospects to the laptop and I was also taught how to operate the photocopying machine as well as the fax machine.

Charles of UNICEF-UST and Jun of UNICEF-Lyceum have showned up today and showed their willingness to work for the organization as I do.

From the very start, my officemates have been very welcoming and approachable to me. However, since they were undeniably busy with phone calls and other stuffs during lunch break, I was forced to eat all by myself. :-(

No comments: