Sunday, February 03, 2008

64 days before the much-awaited march

I had been sick for almost a week already. Stressed could be a better term. What's new anyway? I couldn't wait to march at the Philippine International Convention Center this April 4. But before that, I have to huddle last minute struggles which include my solo undergraduate thesis, teaching demonstrations in TESL and INTELL and insurmountable tasks in my well-loved organizations:TAMVOL, ELC, and Sandigan.

***

I have been missing writing a blog. The exact reason why I could not help but stole a few minutes while preparing for my research report for tomorrow. Yes, I have a report and [both] fortunately and unfortunately enough, English majors are tasked to do reporting in a research class which is supposed to be a writing laboratory.

Speaking of research, I could not say I am half way done. In fact, I am not finished yet with my data gathering. To be fair enough, I could say I am way contented with the meat of my RRL.

***

This coming February 9, English Language Circle will be sponsoring a national summit for English Language majors. The original Feb 2 sked has been moved to give us more time for preparation. Dr. Plata of DLSU-Department of Languages and Linguistics and Prof. madriaga of FEU-Center for English Language Studies have confirmed their presence already.

***

Meanwhile, FEU TAMVOL is still sponsoring a big project or two before the year ends. the proposal of the 1st FEU Youth Convergence for the Environment is already subjected to OSACS' scrutiny.

***

It's only 64 days before graduation. But before it even happens, I have my filled my schedule with leadership trainings (which we
organize) with the hope of leaving a legacy in the world of Tamaraw Student Leadership before I step out of its portal. I am way too happy that Sandigan members have been very efficient in handling the demands of their responsibilities all the entire academic year.

Weber Amorez (IV BS Architecture), a good friend of mine, will be leaving this Tuesday for the 10th Ayala Young Leaders Congress.

***

Bottomline: There's much to do, responsibilities to fulfill, and expectations to meet before that precious diploma (and medal/s, haha) be handed to me.
Nevertheless, I am ready to handle the pressure. :)

No comments: