Thursday, January 04, 2007


My celebration of the Yuletide Season had been completely inspiring for me. Days before the Christmas, we threw a gift-giving project for the people of the FEU Village through the Tamaraw Volunteers in cooperation with the Office of Student Affairs and Community Services. It was really moving to see the children smiling upon receiving their present. Equally touching was the music composed by a group of mothers as a sign of their gratitude to us. (How sweet!) A couple of days after that, we went to Montalban, Rizal together with the volunteers of the V4CHANGE for another gift-giving endeavor. This time, for the Dumagats. New members of the FEU Tamaraw Volunteers were exposed to a totally exciting and heart-filling affair.


I organized a batch party last December 27, 2006 and was very glad to see, after a year, some of my batchmates who, unsurprisingly, grown matured already. I missed Rain though who wasn’t able to make it since she is presently in Singapore for a practicum (she called though). Meanwhile, I felt nostalgic seeing similar faces of Zyreen, Kristoffer, Paul, Jarra, Ian (who is also in FEU taking up Financial Accounting), Kath, Mitch, Bob, Morris, Erika, Mae, Elgene, Philip, Erjay and Carmi. I attended a number of parties (V4Change’s, IASSC’s, Arvin’s, TAMVOL-CYC’s) which seemed to drive away the sad thought that I have to finish a lot of things before classes resume on the 4th including a lengthy short story for my creative writing class, the finalization of the Paragon (sighs…), and a number of narratives and project proposals…

umingajc@feumail.feu.edu.ph

No comments: